Friday, January 16, 2009

Time to chill out

Recently, I've been pretty stressed up with clearing my stock, building my networking business, family issues, children's school that I realised I've been pretty harsh on the kids. Motherhood is not a easy path to take. Recently, I've been missing my youth.. wishing time could bring me back 10 years. To the time when we could go out when we want to, come back as late as we wish to, do whatever we wanted to, without having to worry about the kids - school, dinner, bedtime. There's more to that side of me which I shall not touch on for now.

So this week, I decided that I shall pick my 2nd boy from school, let him have some time with nature, before picking up the eldest from P1. On Monday, we stopped by a field, just beside our house. It's just a wide empty field. I let the Deshawn and Deshann run while I pack some stocks at the back of my Jazzy. They were wary of the grass. I'm thinking, oh no. So I showed them the 'touch-me-nots'. They were fascinated by it. Wanted to show Deshane how they close. We ran across the field to the riverside. They are doing some works at the river which is soon to be a reservoir. We looked at the cranes, the big barges closeup. Then we played catching. As we head back to car, Deshawn asked for more. He enjoyed the simple time we had.

Tuesday... Deshann was sleeping in the car seat. So we had to stop somewhere where we could let him sleep in the car, while we take a breather. I parked by a mini-park with a jogging track, cemented 'open' area, and a playground. That is as close to nature as we can get in Singapore. I ended up on the mini grass patch beside Jazzy. Deshawn was worried about sitting on the grass. It felt 'pokey'. He said it's dirty. Gesh! We used to run, roll, play on the grass and how much we loved it! A primary school teacher friend once told me she had students who refused to sit on the grass during PE lessons. Mind you, it's grass, not dirt! I let Deshawn sit on my lap and slowly transitioned him onto the grass. He got used to it. He used to play with the sand till his whole milk beaker was sandy! My, how fast they get 'concreted'. Nature is still best eh? It's absolutely fine to eat some dirt! Will give your immune system a boost!

Thursday... 'forced' Deshawn to sit on the grass if he wants to eat ice-cream, while waiting for kor-kor to be out. Deshann (just turned 2) refused to sit on the grass... pokey... he says...

I wonder... while we sit on the grass, play on it. What do people walking on the jogging path think? What will you think?

3 comments:

rachelsee said...

I absolutely love it!
oh and I love the fact that car can make a person so mobile! esp when u r lugging 3 kids!
good idea to pack some snacks and enjoy the grassy field. It is really not that hard to please the kids.
try lying on the grass and look at the sky next time :)

Leonny @ Our Everyday Things said...

Hi!

Came across your site from Rachel's - 4malmal.

Just want to drop by and say how I agree with what you've shared on Rachel's recent post too :)

Have a great weekend!

xxx
Leonny
http://www.oureverydaythings.com

Hoonie said...

hey 4malmal... i love having a car! definitely when you have kids! really wonder how families here get by without one.. esp small kids... but then.. we're spoilt lah. :P
have to convince them next that lying on the grass is cushy and nice though! hahaha...

hi Leonny... thanks! sometimes we get too caught up with things we forget life's simple pleasures eh?