Saturday, June 28, 2008

Abuse of maid

Some actions of Singaporeans are really to be laughed at. It's totally ridiculous and a great big joke. 'Jailed and fined for drawing on maid's face'

I never understand how one can pour scalding water on someone, use a hot iron to burn someone. These despicable acts are from people from respectable jobs. Few weeks ago, another couple, an aircraft engineer and air stewardess, were sent to jail for ill-treating their maid. As I read the headline today, I was laughing my guts out. What a childish thing to do! Drawing lines on your maid's face? My goodness!! Would you draw lines on your child's face if he/she does not close the door properly?

A maid is not a slave. You do not own her, so you treat her with respect. Well, unless you want your children to treat you such when you are old and 'useless'.

I can't imagine what she is going to tell her children when she is in jail for that 3 weeks. 'Oh, I'm going on holiday.' hahaha... if her kids were older, maybe they will just pick up the newspaper and read the news? Boasting in school, 'My mum is in jail for drawing lines on my maid's face!!'

I do not have a maid, I avoid having one. I'm lucky I'm a SAHM. I want my kids to be independent. I want my kids to clean up after themselves. If you have a maid, think about what you want your kids to become. What if you have to send your maid back? How will the household be ran? Be appreciative to the help you receive from your maid. And maybe she'll be more appreciative to you. In the days of early Singapore, nannies or ah-mas take care of the house. They are treated like family, so why can't we do so now? Is affluence authority for you to act like beasts? Remember the golden rule, 'Treat others the way you want them to treat you'.

No comments: