Friday, July 11, 2008

The beauty of the internet

I wrote my last blog with intentions totally different from what i posted. It's wierd how my brain thinks, as I write too many thoughts run. So now, let's get back to what I originally intended!

3 friends, 3 time-zones, 3 countries. All meeting at one place. The internet. Chatting like we're over the dinner table.

Time and space is no longer an issue with the internet. Thoughts shared, feelings spilled, anything can be said, so much more easily over the internet. Maybe it's much easier to say out our true innermost feelings when we don't have to face the person? We don't have to worry about the other getting angry or sad, we don't have to worry about the initial reaction, don't have to deal with tears.

As we grow, we learn what is prim and proper. Courtesy, civility to others. Kids let out their true feelings because they have not yet learned what is the 'norm', what is the 'right' behaviour. Sometimes should we go back to being a kid, and learn from them? Say what we feel, instead of putting up a false front? Being more true, but at the same time, more willing to forgive and forget?

3 comments:

Dawn Lee said...

I agree. And a blog is a great place to vent and share feelings, letting ppl from across the world know what and how u are feeling. Although at times I may express words that show anger, it is mearly words. After venting, there is a sense of serenity, and tranquillity. It is much better than confronting the person face to face creating a ugly commotion. Besides, isn't that what a blog is abt, to share our honest feelings..angry, sad or happy..

Hoonie said...

yup.. and maybe it's a way to let people know more abt you? know how u think, know how you feel?

rachelsee said...

I think it still voice down to how much u want pp to know, like what you put in your very 1st post. For me, I still don feel comfortable writing too much about myself...malcolm is a good excuse for me to blog! HA