Thursday, July 10, 2008

Changes of lifestyle

3 friends, in 3 countries, in 3 different time zones chatting together on the internet. Whoever will thought it possible 20 years ago... back then it was the mailman who brought news, or maybe a telegram from the post office...

Can u imagine one day without technology in your life? The handphone. We'll have to arrange to meet through a letter, confirm the meeting, be there on time, no last minute changes. hmmm... will we meet up then?

One day without electricity... oh my goodness.. can we function at all?

Came back one day to a lift that did not work. An elderly lady did not even dare to enter the lift. I checked with the guard and they said there was a test on the system. In that few minutes, a mini crowd gathered. I mean, can't we use the stairs? People used to walk miles but now we can't walk up a flight of stairs.. make that 5 for me. I headed up. I did not want to wait. At the 5th floor, I panted. I am weak. In need of exercise.. Is the gym where we need to go for exercise? Shouldn't physical activity be a normal part of life?

I'm heading to Chiang Mai for a holiday.. for a back to nature and basics holiday. I wonder how I will survive.. that'll be in Dec with the boys scout (my uncle is in the scouts, so we're tagging along!). We'll see how we manage then..

2 comments:

rachelsee said...

sounds like an interesting trip and probably very educational for the boys as well. hmm..maybe i should let Mal join the boy scouts next time :)

Dawn Lee said...

Yar man...without the internet...it is really hard for me to tell u 'stories' around here...hahaha